Butternut Squash Soup with Apple
This is a wonderful seasonal soup for the fall, warming and aromatic.
I love it year ’round!
1 (2 to 3 pound) butternut squash, peeled and seeded
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
Apple or pear, chopped
6 cups chicken stock
Nutmeg and cinnamon
Celtic sea salt
Pepper, if desired
1. Cut squash into 1-inch chunks.
2. In large pot add olive oil and onion and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes.
3. Add squash, apple or pear and stock.
4. Bring to a simmer and cook until squash is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree, (or use your hand blender in the pot). Return blended squash to pot.
6. Stir and season with nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.